Senior Implementation Consultant / Business Analyst
Position: Senior Implementation Consultant / Business Analyst
Date Posted: January 20, 2020
Open: Until filled
Reports to: Director of Implementations
Location: Houston, TX
Operational Sustainability® (OS) is seeking a Senior Implementation Consultant/Business Analyst who will provide guidance and insight in the configuration and delivery of our software solutions for comprehensive operational risk management and operational excellence. You will support the Project Management Office in delivering a product that is configured, installed, and accepted by the client through OS’s project cycle.
The position requires the ability to communicate and work with people, which will be used to support our software clients. Our software and consulting service clients range from mid-tier to major operators in their space.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated communication, consultative, and/or business process skills. This is a mid- to senior-level position that will require attention to detail, a win-win focus with clients and the OS Team, and a passion to grow with the company as you grow in the role.
Applicants that have strong consulting, business process and analyst, and communication skills are encouraged to apply.
General Description of Duties:
This is a full-time position reporting to the Director of Implementations. However, the position will work closely with clients and key internal staff, including the Project Management Office, Product Manager, Technology Officer, and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs). This position will be accountable for delivery of projects as assigned based on the project plan and driven by successful implementation of client requirements.
- Develop, maintain and grow to a super user level with a firm understanding of the OESuite™ software from OS
- Demonstrate multiple ways OESuite can bring value for clients
- Work closely with clients to obtain an in-depth understanding of their business, organizational structure, processes, systems, and information
- Use your business analysis skills to interview, facilitate workshops, capture business processes, business requirements definition activities, and other aspects to find solutions that fit client needs
- Suggest alternative solutions to business needs/challenges leveraging OS product features in unique ways and/or proposing new enhancements to the Product Management Team
- Assist in the resolution of client issues supporting the Customer Service Team
- Ensure client acceptance of our products and solutions, including any project deliverables / artifacts
- Deliver client training for our products and solutions
- Communicate regularly with client throughout the project life-cycle to assess client’s evolving needs, enhancement opportunities, and project delivery success
- Focus on understanding and meeting the budgetary expectations of the project, by striving to deliver projects on budget, on time and meeting all scope requirements
- Travel to client locations both locally and within US – approximately 25% of time
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Minimum Candidate Skills:
Successful candidate will have:
- Three (3) to five (5) years sector and industry experience
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university
- Implementation/Consulting experience with business analyst background
- Have experience consulting with at least one off the shelf electronic information management solutions (e.g. Meridium, PCMS, IHS opsEnvironmental, IHS Essential Suite, KMS, IHS Impact, Enviance, Enablon, Intelex, SAP EHS, or others)
- Strong work ethic with attention to detail, confidentiality, and thoroughness
- Strong interpersonal skills
Preferred Candidate Skills:
- Good understanding of IT systems and software to a level sufficient to support the configuration and implementation of our solutions
- Understanding of Process Safety Management (PSM) systems and tools currently in use within the Petrochemical, Oil and Gas, Chemical, and/or Power Generation industries
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to tailor the delivery to the audience
- Proficiency with MS Office products
- Ability to problem solve, organize and demonstrate active listening skills
- Strong communication and networking skills at all levels of an organization
- Professional membership and/or certifications in HS&E, Engineering, Project Management, Business Analysis, or related industry groups
- Based in Houston